Patricia R. Hatler brings to Squire Patton Boggs 30+ years as a national leader and senior executive in the insurance industry, and leads the firm’s insurance industry cross-practice group. She assists a wide range of clients in insurance, corporate governance and law department management matters.
Her practice includes:
- Insurance transactions and related regulatory approvals
- Regulatory compliance, corporate structure, examinations and reporting (state and federal)
- Corporate governance for both insurance and non-insurance clients
- Regulatory and legislative policy tracking (state, federal and international)
- Insurance litigation support
- Legal leaders professional development and boardroom skills
Prior to joining the firm, Pat served for 17 years as chief legal and governance officer for Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, a multi-line Fortune 100 insurance company. In that role she was responsible for operations and financial management of six divisions with a staff of 1,400, including the legal, corporate governance, federal, state and international government relations, corporate citizenship and corporate compliance functions. During her tenure at Nationwide, she provided advice and counsel through the transitions of three chief executive officers, three board chairs, four chief financial officers and numerous business unit presidents.
Pat was the General Counsel of Independence Blue Cross in Philadelphia and a litigation lawyer with Dechert in Philadelphia prior to joining Nationwide.
Pat served as a Director and board chair of the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), the premier in-house bar association for in-house corporate counsel around the world. As such, she led the organization successfully through a significant leadership transition and continuing enrollment growth.